Thursday, May 28, 2009

Assignment # 8


A PSA from 'Second Life' encouraging people to visit their local library.


'Muddy York'
Known for many years as "Muddy York", Toronto suffered with streets that turned to rivers of mud and water in the spring. Taken in the early years of the 20th century, these vintage photographs illustrate the difficulties the population had to endure. All images courtesy of the City of Toronto Archives.

I was unable to enbed the videos at work. I would follow the instructions but get nothing. I tried again at home last night and it appeared to work, but when I went to add comments at work in the morning, all I had was a title. So here I am again, at home, ready to try again, and I click 'edit posts', and it's back...go figure.

I think these online videos could have potential for both staff and patron tutorials. Videos could be used to demonstrate changes to procedures, highlight improvements after software upgrades or demonstrate how to search the databases.

1 comment: